Monday, June 13, 2011

Let the craziness begin (continue?)

Oh yes, it's official - our sweet little house is on the market. We have spent the last 5 weeks biting our nails and completing EVERY tiny project that needed to be addressed. Let me tell you, it's tempting to stay!

We may or may not have a house to move into (98% yes, but not 100% yes), but we are committed to having another nice person buy this house. I must admit it was a little emotional showing Ellen the sign in the yard - all of our memories with her are here in this house, but I am trying to be rational and realize there are so many more good memories to come.

We couldn't have done it without the best grandparents, aunt, friends and the handiest father-in-law this side of the Mississippi. Now ... on to the important part ... send all of your nice friends our direction! Three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, great deck (especially if you are fond of Cinco de Mayo) - just waiting for the right person(s).

Miss Ellen has been a real trooper, not even a tiny fuss about the fact that I have moved ALL of her belongings. She still thinks it is kind of fun to find them again. :) We have snuck in two swim lessons with my co-worker's daughter, which have been a great distraction.

There is really nothing cuter than little kids in swimsuits ...

And Ells has made a lot of progress in just 2 lessons, but still makes a mad dash for some splashing in the puddles when she can get away ...

5 comments:

Bets said...

That HAS been a great house! I know that the next one will be even better and will house the majority of her childhood memories. Thank goodness you have lots of pictures of her in this house ... I think that's the only way that I remember our first house.
Glad I can be around to help distract. Next time, bring her to Aunt Besee's pool to play :)

Marie Hooker said...

I hope the new house is Cinco de Mayo friendly, too...

Carrie said...

It looks great! I have a great deal if your other house falls through...it's a little hot but so much closer for sushi nights.

Ryan Johnson said...

If you think Ellen looks cute you should have seen Luke in trunks in the baby pool 4thJuly Party at the old house. Nothing like to old Frat guys soakin in the sun!!!

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

So exciting!! I look forward to the day we move to our next house but I'm honestly glad my kids probably won't be toddlers. props to you!