Here are just a few Ellen sayings that I wanted to note for posterity. (Imagine her saying them in her sneaky, sweet little voice).
"Oh, Man! (emphasis on the Maaaan! - for everything - dropped food, missed touchdown, broken toy)
"I can't believe it!" (She busted this out as the Jayhawks were sucking at their basketball game, and has been using it liberally ever since)
"Oh, goodness!" (For exciting or unexpected things, like kitty cat stickers she forgot she had from the last doctor visit)
"It's not either" (When she is being contrary. Like, I say, the roads are bad today. And she says, it's not either!)
"I Not" / "Is Not" (Ellen, you are stinky and need a bath ... no, I Not! Or, sorry Ellen, Lucy can't play because she is sick. No, Is Not!)
"Iss sooo de-lish-us" / "Isss boo-te-ful" (Related to food, and fortunately, not only sweets. She saw a picture of a big pile of almonds in a magazine ad and said, Oh, iss so boo-te-ful! Huh?)
"You know what?" (To introduce "interesting" statements, such as: there is snow on the ground! that tree is broken! i have shoes on!)
"Hey!", or "No way!" (especially related to snacks / treats: Hey! that isn't a treat!, or I want a treat ... (mom says no) ... No way!)
"Surf on dat?" (as in, is it OK to surf on this chair, or that table, or that tray? Thanks to Backyardigans Tiki Beach, we have to have the conversation about where it is and is not OK to surf.)
Also, she has been singing a lot of songs on her own lately, especially in the back seat of the car or when she is supposed to be sleeping - so cute! She rarely does it on demand, though, so this aggressive singing is the best I can share:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"She was totally mashing... like girltalk..." says my wife.
Thanks for the laugh, Justin! Tell the wifey that I TOTALLY agree with her (and I'm stealing that line)!
Love her singing!!
Post a Comment